Saturday, November 3, 2012

Moment to sit back and reflect...

I cannot believe it is already November!
Quick update:
  • I have been teaching for over 1/2 a semester into my first year now. There have been many struggles and some days I come home thinking "What is the world....?" but reflecting back I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love what I do and couldn't imagine doing anything else at this point in time. Every experience this past year leaves me thinking I have learned so much and doubtful I will be able to learn anymore and I am wrong every single time. I have grown and learned so much these past couple months not only about teaching and my career but myself, my marriage, my husband, etc.
  • JJ and I finished coaching soccer for this season. Between this and teaching it goes without saying we were/still are both beyond exhausted. All in all, the players excelled and truly improved. They saw their first win in quite sometime this season. Every game we played was a competitive game. Perquimans soccer is not the easy game for any other team anymore.
  •  JJ and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary this past September. We watched our wedding DVD for the first time and boy was I teary eyed... more like sobbing;) What a beautiful day we will both cherish forever.
  • We moved from EC to Hertford into a quiet neighborhood. We are enjoying living here more than living in EC. EC was fun while it lasted but for where we are at in our lives this house meets our needs better.
  • We found out that my father-in-law Jim has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. On top of this, he had to have a back surgery to fix nerve that was being smashed and cutting off function to his right lower side of the body causing complete atrophy. Everyone is upset and worried. I held a good front in front of the whole family but when I am alone I get emotional. He has been like a father to me since I was 16 years old. I have so many life changing memories with him including camping, ski trips, Las Vegas, mountain trips, Shackleford Banks and the list could go on and on with destinations we have all traveled together to. But aside from the vacations, it's the little things like fishing at night during beach week or the glass apple mug he gave me for my high school graduation because he knew I was going to teach that put a lump in my throat. The hardest part is recalling his toast at our wedding and how we slowed danced and he told me I was the most beautiful girl in the room and the most confident one for miles. I can't even type this without tearing up. My heart breaks for my husband who has already lost a parent to cancer and now is worried about the same thing happening again. He is only 24 years old. No 24 year old should know what it feels like to lose one parent and even have to think about losing another. J and I are both trying to stay as positive as possible.
  • J and me are doing excellent in our marriage. Even though we are both worried and stressed with family health, work, etc. we still stay stronger than ever together and tackle everything with perseverance. I thought I meant it the day we got married but even in a years time I can say my love for him has grown stronger than I could ever imagine. I am proud to say he is my husband. He is wonderful, smart, compassionate, cute and my list could keep going on and on. I have no idea how he keeps it all together through tough times like these. It's good to know my husband is a fighter and is so, so strong. I know that when the time comes and we expand our family that I will have that same man standing by my side through whatever life my toss our way.
That is all for now. 
I am going to watch Steel Magnolias and cuddle with my little family. 
I will leave everyone with one last thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment